2 votes

How to Solo Mine

Started By cinnamon_carter , Apr 02 2014 03:41 AM

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

cinnamon_carter
  • cinnamon_carter
  • Developer of Cinnamon Coin, Photon, and.......
  • DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • 90 topics
    • Time Online: 5d 1h 15s
  • LocationPhiladelphia / Cyberspace / Twitter
  • Twitter: @cinnamon_carter

note -- main op of the guide now expanded with directions how to solo mine cryptonote based cryptocurrencies  --  enjoy --- CC

Mine 6 coins at once including my coin Photon NOW !! 6X your hash power http://ny2.blakecoin.com/

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

Trillka
  • Trillka
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 21m 12s
  • LocationMy house

Nice tutorial

ActorTomTruong
  • ActorTomTruong
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
  • 19 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 1h 43m 3s

I like your instructions.

However, let's say someone wants to rent a rig from some where else. What information do they put in their remote rig setting?

http://127.0.0.1:y -u X -p Q

is for local computer only. What IP address do they input and how do they find that IP address information?

cinnamon_carter
  • cinnamon_carter
  • DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • 90 topics

i never rented a rig before but if i understand the way it works i think you need to point it somewhere, if not at a pool you need your own node of the coin you want to mine, i think you really need to basically make your own p2pool for the coin which is kind of a pain unless you are going to be mining for a while.

I like your instructions.

However, let's say someone wants to rent a rig from some where else. What information do they put in their remote rig setting?

http://127.0.0.1:y -u X -p Q

is for local computer only. What IP address do they input and how do they find that IP address information?

Mine 6 coins at once including my coin Photon NOW !! 6X your hash power http://ny2.blakecoin.com/

sfertedMrX
  • sfertedMrX
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • 4 topics
    • Time Online: 9h 44m 59s

thanks man this is help

mblados
  • mblados
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • 5 topics
    • Time Online: 20h 52m 12s

Hi! I need some Help here.

I have a Newly Released Coin based on x13 algo full POS. Now the thing is Im trying to Solo mine it for a FULL PREMINE of all the coins. The Wallet is Full connected to a New Node but "out of sync"

(Not Synced yet). I was told that since the coin is Brand new, I need to mine it before the Wallet can sync with the brand new node. I have the Right GPU miner, but when im Solo mining, all I get is Rejects or Sometime I get HW erros only with a different miner. I dont know what Im doing wrong here so please if someone is expert in "Pre-mining a Newly Released coin", Please and Please help me. Thanks!

zelles
  • zelles
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts
  • 24 topics
    • Time Online: 5d 18h 26m 34s
  • LocationUnder Water

Hey cinnamon_carter, Great job on the tutorial.

Cgminer Boss
  • Cgminer Boss
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 3m 32s

Nice but I prefer Sgminer.

cinnamon_carter
  • cinnamon_carter
  • DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • 90 topics

ok if making a new coin and you want to premine why not just make an early block pay you all the coins at once

a lot easier than mining them out ??

like in main.cpp 

something like this

if (nHeight == 2) {nSubsidy = 999999 * COIN;}

If you really want to 'mine them out' no need to connect to a distant node unless you want your blockchain synched there also

Just run it on 2 computers at your house, on computer a run coinclient-qt.exe -connect=x.x.x.x.  where x.x.x.x. is the local ip address of your other computer , usually going to be something like 192.168.1.100 depending on how your router is configured if you need help finding this from a windows command line type

ipconfig

and it should be there as your ipv4 address.

Note , when you start ANY new coin it will say out of synch until you mine a block since most clients have time drift set to 2 hours (see the main.h in your source code for most older generation coins and clones) and if it is more than 2 hours after the genesis block start time the wallet thinks it is behind.

Hi! I need some Help here.

I have a Newly Released Coin based on x13 algo full POS. Now the thing is Im trying to Solo mine it for a FULL PREMINE of all the coins. The Wallet is Full connected to a New Node but "out of sync"

(Not Synced yet). I was told that since the coin is Brand new, I need to mine it before the Wallet can sync with the brand new node. I have the Right GPU miner, but when im Solo mining, all I get is Rejects or Sometime I get HW erros only with a different miner. I dont know what Im doing wrong here so please if someone is expert in "Pre-mining a Newly Released coin", Please and Please help me. Thanks!

cinnamon_carter
  • cinnamon_carter
  • DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • 90 topics

next update will include directions on how to solo mine various coins for sgminer , good suggestion

Nice but I prefer Sgminer.

Chippy
  • Chippy
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • 2 topics
    • Time Online: 13h 7m 36s
  • LocationAt home

I was wondering about "Botnetworks"if thts what its called.If i have access to say a few routers .Can i link those computers as slave miners to CPU mine to my wallet?

I have set my local network up succesfully to CPUsolopoolmine using a config with rpc port.U know localhost:5555 for mine and pointing to my ip for slaves.So my wallet gives thm all work.

Liking your tutorials

U really helping allot of people to help themselves...RESPECT

darkracer125
  • darkracer125
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 32m 3s

i have been trying all day but i cannot get it to work.

i have litecoin core setup. 

i have the config file setup.

but when i try to connect with a miner.

i get.

cgminer : URL stratum+tcp://127.0.0.1:8332 failed alive testing, reinput details.

guiminer scrypt says.  : No servers could be used! Exiting.     (and keeps saying "connecting" forever)

it seems like the wallet/server is not really live or connected or something. 

i don't want to join a pool since i just do not have the power to be profitable in a pool. 

basicly i just want to use a low power setup to do solo mining. 

and hope to someday get that 25 bitcoin reward  (or in this case the 50 litecoin reward)

i intend to set this up with bitcoin core aswel. but that is currently still catching up on the blockchain.

please help.

aren't there any permade zip folders wich contains everything you need as a stand alone folder

(wallet with server setup.  miner setup to connect to that wallet.)

or some auto setup thing. 

it's local host so username and password should not be important.

note i do not have access to port configuration

ps: i read this thing about just opening the console in the wallet and typing in.

"setgenerate true"  and i should be mining. 

does that really work?

guacuco
  • guacuco
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 43m 52s
  • LocationBarcelona

Hi,

I am a new user in cryptocointalk.com have saw this post  and is really interesting.

I have a little farm of startcoin at home and I am working with www.suprnova.cc (pool)    my hardware are Baikal Miner ( X11 / X13 / X14 / X15 / Quark / Qubit ) .

The point is I would like to make a "Solo Mine"  with a Rasperry pi ( Rasbian ) or Orange Pi   one ( Ubuntu )  - with Startcoin or/and Dashcoin

But the problem is... I can't to find any information or guide about Startcoin solo mining.

I have made and is working online a (Startcoin Node) with my Baspberry pi 3... I am living in Barcelona - Spain:

The guide to do it is on: https://startnodes.wordpress.com/startnodes/raspberry-pi/

Take a look at: http://startmaps.tk/index.html and the IP NODE is : 88.3.85.236 , is the only node in Spain.

However I'd like to make a Startcoin Solo Mining, I tryed to do it making your guide but I couldn't  :-) because My project is on "Rasberry Pi or Orange Pi one"

If you or any other people can help to do it, I will  be really grateful.

Thank in advance,
Guacuco

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

horasani