18 replies to this topic

C.M
  • C.M
  • Crypto-Laird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • 100 topics
    • Time Online: 45d 15h 40m 56s

Semi-relevant: https://news.bitcoin.com/the-eu-now-targeting-unpermissioned-blockchains/ (The section about energy usage)

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

LokiToki
  • LokiToki
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 6h 11m 22s

Ok, np. ^^ I have no fu**ing clue what PoW, PoS, PoR and Bitcoin have to do with measuring and saving electricity consumption and production and why a rewarding technique is related to all this as a security algorithm.

There is no connection, but I want to establish one. A blockchain (usually similar to a cryptocurrency as securing it needs a rewarding mechanism) can replace the energy market which is very slow and expensive. With a blockchain you can transfer money and information. And you do not need more to establish an energy market as it is just information and money. Devices can talk to each other much more efficient than people can.
There are bots which are generating money by buying and sellling stocks because they are much faster than manual traders can be talking to the exchange APIs.

Ah, ok, now i get it. But i would point this out very clearly. The most people, especially in Germany think that Cryptocoins and Bitcoin and so on are a shady twilight zone and are only used to buy weapons on the darknet anonymously. ;)  

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • 21 topics
    • Time Online: 85d 23h 6m 48s

LokiToki the whole conference is about digitalization of the energy market, including blockchain approaches :D

LokiToki
  • LokiToki
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 6h 11m 22s

LokiToki the whole conference is about digitalization of the energy market, including blockchain approaches :D

I know, i discussed this topic few days ago with my co-worker who is into this topic and we came to the conclusion that the big companies hesitate because of this "unknown twilight zone of shadiness". Blockchains are related to crypto-currencies, everyone knows that and it's nothing illegal. You will do it! I believe in you and i experienced by myself how hard it is at such a congress. Keep the good work up! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users