• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

KLiK
  • KLiK
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 4 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 5h 45m 39s

There's no minimum requirement to start running solo, except for being able to advertise a beacon.  If you're saying that there's a minimum needed to start running solo because there's a limit to the amount of lookback and thus a minimum number of coins required to stake in that time then the guide already provides that information, but the network weight is constantly changing so there's no fixed number.

The formula below is how you determine the number of coins required to stake once during the lookback period (currently 182.5 days).

• CoinsRequired=(1/(days*960))*NetworkCoinSupply

Your wallet will always attempt to stake as long as you have a positive balance, it is unlocked, and you have mature coins.  Running solo is more about getting PoR rewards as you can stake without doing any research whatsoever.

As the NetworkWeight is going down to 100.000.000 ...so there's more chance to get Stake within 180 days...right?!

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

Vig
  • Vig
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 9h 57m 5s

That's what the formula says, but again don't expect the network weight to be static at that level.  It's based on the coin age of the last 72 blocks, so it very likely will move around.

KLiK
  • KLiK
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 4 topics

That's what the formula says, but again don't expect the network weight to be static at that level.  It's based on the coin age of the last 72 blocks, so it very likely will move around.

How is the NetworkWeight calculated?

Vig
  • Vig
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 9h 57m 5s

I've alread explained that multiple times now.  Please read my responses.

KLiK
  • KLiK
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 4 topics

I've alread explained that multiple times now.  Please read my responses.

Now I get it what those Interests are...nice!

Great that NetworkWeight has come down to 86mil... ;)

KLiK
  • KLiK
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 4 topics

Synced FINALLY, after some 5days running...a little lower than on GRCstats...

So, guys...a lesson learned: don't spend your GRC! Just acquire them...

KLiK
  • KLiK
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
  • 4 topics

Your owed research will stay owed to you as long as you stake within the lookback period (which I believe is 182.5 days).  This is all covered in the guide on the gridcoin.us website.

And how do you propose you stop someone from having multiple wallets?  It's not as easy as it sounds by just saying you can only have one wallet.  Besides wallets aren't the only place to keep GRC.

My understanding is that you have around 1,000 GRC correct?  If so, then again explained on the gridcoin.us webiste 

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(1/(UserBalance/NetworkCoinSupply))/960

The present network weight is about 260,000,000 which means you'd be required to hold about 1500 GRC to stake once every 182.5 days (this value will change as the network weight changes and of course isn't a hard number since it is an estimate as POS staking is also somewhat probabilistic)

If you're only running the wallet for two days a week you have an even lower chance of staking a block.  You seem to expect that you'll stake as soon as you sign on.

The pools were setup specifically because most people that start out aren't going to have much GRC, so they can't stake.  Sit in the pool and build up your coins until you have a significant amount or purchase them if you want to mine solo immediately.  Those are the options you have.  It's not a no go.  You just don't seem to have done much reading about the subject.

Quez feel free to jump in if I'm getting anything wrong.

Guys, you asked me some time ago, to give some better evaluation of the formulas. So here's a shot:

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(1/(UserBalance/NetworkCoinSupply))/960=NetworkCoinSupply/(UserBalance*960)

To be converted into:

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(NetworkCoinSupply*coef_%owned*coef_LastStake)/(UserBalance*960)
  • coef_%owned=EstimatedResearchOwed/UserBalance
  • coef_LastStake=TimeSinceLastReward/182,5

In other words, formula would be:

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(NetworkCoinSupply*EstimatedResearchOwed*TimeSinceLastReward)/(sqr(UserBalance)*960*182,5)

Compared to current formula, new formula would give priority to people who:

- haven't staked in last few days

- have more % of EstimatedResearchOwed, compared to their total amount

So someone who keeps their wallet empty, won't get so much stakes if he staked last Sun. But somebody else will, who didn't get paid out in last 90 days...

What do you think, guys?

Edited by KLiK, 20 March 2017 - 05:52 PM.

Earl
  • Earl
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 8 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 22h 34m 32s

Your owed research will stay owed to you as long as you stake within the lookback period (which I believe is 182.5 days).  This is all covered in the guide on the gridcoin.us website.

And how do you propose you stop someone from having multiple wallets?  It's not as easy as it sounds by just saying you can only have one wallet.  Besides wallets aren't the only place to keep GRC.

My understanding is that you have around 1,000 GRC correct?  If so, then again explained on the gridcoin.us webiste 

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(1/(UserBalance/NetworkCoinSupply))/960

The present network weight is about 260,000,000 which means you'd be required to hold about 1500 GRC to stake once every 182.5 days (this value will change as the network weight changes and of course isn't a hard number since it is an estimate as POS staking is also somewhat probabilistic)

If you're only running the wallet for two days a week you have an even lower chance of staking a block.  You seem to expect that you'll stake as soon as you sign on.

The pools were setup specifically because most people that start out aren't going to have much GRC, so they can't stake.  Sit in the pool and build up your coins until you have a significant amount or purchase them if you want to mine solo immediately.  Those are the options you have.  It's not a no go.  You just don't seem to have done much reading about the subject.

Quez feel free to jump in if I'm getting anything wrong.

Guys, you asked me some time ago, to give some better evaluation of the formulas. So here's a shot:

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(1/(UserBalance/NetworkCoinSupply))/960=NetworkCoinSupply/(UserBalance*960)

To be converted into:

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(NetworkCoinSupply*coef_%owned*coef_LastStake)/(UserBalance*960)
  • coef_%owned=EstimatedResearchOwed/UserBalance
  • coef_LastStake=TimeSinceLastReward/182,5

In other words, formula would be:

• EstimatedDaysUntilStake=(NetworkCoinSupply*EstimatedResearchOwed*TimeSinceLastReward)/(sqr(UserBalance)*960*182,5)

Compared to current formula, new formula would give priority to people who:

- haven't staked in last few days

- have more % of EstimatedResearchOwed, compared to their total amount

So someone who keeps their wallet empty, won't get so much stakes if he staked last Sun. But somebody else will, who didn't get paid out in last 90 days...

What do you think, guys?

My math is really rusty and I still don't understand network weight but if the formula rewards a user for keeping coins in the wallet then I'm all for it.

I run Gridcoin Wallet and BOINC 24/7 (minus the time spent rebooting after OS/video driver updates (damn you Micro$oft)) in hopes it is making the coin stronger.

In the event I become fully frustrated with windows...is Debian a good choice for an OS using BOINC/Gridcoin? I tried it on an older machine. Debian's not a bad Linux distro.

GRC Address SL6cUtyvrRwTRiWcp1YWXHAzntBaBHKNCT

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • 21 topics
    • Time Online: 85d 23h 6m 48s

Klik you talk about the estimated time, but you would have to change the algorithm that changes stake weight calculations itself.
Reat this thread post your idea here: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/49141-dpor-stake-weight-calculations/page-2#entry233422

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users