I. info (how to access the bot via browser)
II. DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan) features
III. DPP (Disaster Prevention Plan) features
I spoke yesterday in hangout #16 (A) about some of fediverse's (irc bot) new functions.
The services of this bot, can be used in your browser:
go to one of the Gridcoin chat channels, e.g.: ( C ) and issue the below commands (or e.g. start with the command !help first to get a simple overview, the bot has now like 400 commands)
II. DRP (Disaster Recovery Plan) features:
- "!cpid invalid": quite a lot of people experienced this error message with 184.108.40.206, and I think that help item solves it like for 90% of people
- "!fork": when we got 2 forks in November, people could identify if they are on a fork and then fix it
III. DPP (Disaster Prevention Plan) features: (via cron into irc)
- WU amount detection: e.g. which BOINC projects have no WUs (working units) anymore?
a. this can be used for: moving them out much faster from the whitelist into a greylist, after more investigation
b. the top5/last5 commands can be used to assess where are the most/less WUs, and switch in your BOINC client,
e.g. going in vacation for 2 weeks ? use these top5 projects in that time
- "!peer version": how many peers are running the newest version ? Which very old versions are out in the wild still?
e.g. when a mandatory upgrade is released, check the status of Gridcoin nodes: if not enough nodes have updated:
is there a critical bug (crash, ...) ?
!stats has been updated with a 3rd, more uptodate data source:
- newcomers can see their own stats (e.g. magnitude, RAC, GRC reward, ...), and compare e.g. to pool stats
- it can also be used to assess the damage after a system-wide failure ( B )
The bot in general has lots of knowledge saved, which I try to teach the newcomers in the help channel, so they can find their right topics from all alone.
In general, if you notice that you explain something like 2 or more times somewhere, drop me a message and that knowledge item will get also added. And then you save time from then on for other tasks.
IV. further links:
( B ) e.g. for this bug was known that 47% experienced it: https://github.com/gridcoin/Gridcoin-Research/issues/154
( C )
Edited by erkan, 18 December 2016 - 04:53 PM.