3 votes

Gridcoin.co Pool (beta) - The ONLY Gridcoin Pool!

Started By Katiee , Dec 23 2015 02:00 PM
mining poolmining pool mining research crunching katiee researching BOINC account manager BAM mine BAM! Gridcoin Gridcoin.co pool

Best Answer Katiee , 02 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

vLHC@home recently consolidated with LHC@home, so I am no longer able to get any tasks through vLHC@home, but I am also not able to download any tasks from LHC@home, even though I have it added through the pool and synchronized with my BOINCManager. Any ideas why I'm not able to pull down any tasks from LHC@home?

CMS, LHCb and Theory are not added as default so poolowner would need to add those.

I'll be looking into the settings for these and each of the current projects soon when I get some time, hopefully by next week.

If someone wants to list each project that needs updated and what the settings should be changed to, into one organized post here, that would be very helpful! ♥

@Katiee, do you think this would be possible to change? I'm not sure if it would be possible to add options in future versions of your account manager, but it seems like it would be helpful to give users options of which tasks/subprojects they would like to run. I think this would be especially helpful if projects like World Community Grid are added in the future, since they have a number of projects to choose tasks for. This could be an option in the same way as the "No CPU, No NVIDIA, ATI, Intel GPU" options. Thanks!

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to allow each pool user to set their own project settings, the pool has one account on each project, so changing those settings would affect EVERYONE on the pool, there is NO way around this sadly. It is completely out of my control. The only thing I can allow a user to control are the settings that are already currently available on your profile page, CPU/GPU/etc. Those are all client side options that the BOINC WebRPC can control. I guess it could be possible that the BOINC WebRPC has changed since the start of the pool, so I will look into if it is possible to set tasks client side now.. but I seriously doubt this has been changed.

World Community Grid isn't on the pool for a reason, they have a completely custom BOINC server build that didn't allow certain features that are absolutely required to function on the pool. I can't remember these off the top of my head.. there should be a post somewhere in this thread that went into detail about it, but I promise you at the time it just was not possible. I had originally thought I would be able to code workarounds specifically for just WCG to fix some of those issues, but I remember in the end running into huge roadblocks that prevented that. However, I will look into this at some point to see if anything has changed.

As for the whitelist, I am aware the pool has projects that are no longer on the whitelist, and are missing new projects that were added since the pool started. Adding/removing projects from the pool as they are from the whitelist is a much bigger task to do automatically then I had thought when I originally started coding the pool, I had planned to get that working at some point, but never had the time to finish it. And doing it manually meant keeping up with the Gridcoin whitelist myself, which I had been doing in the beginning but no longer really have the time to do so. I can't make any promises on this front, but it is at the top of my list to fix, whenever I can actually sit down to work on the pool code more.

I am really sorry for the slow development on the pool, but I never expected it to become this big, or to be the only one out there. Hopefully at the start of next year, after all the holidays have passed, I will finally have some time to sit down and start working on it again some. Trust me, I wish I could work full-time on the pool and Gridcoin services in general, but currently that is just not a viable option for me.. maybe someday that will change, but until then my real life job and well-being has to take priority. I really hope you all can understand.

In better news though, the new payment changes I made a couple weeks ago seem to have done the trick in fixing the issues it was having. Which means I can finally once again set the script to run automatically at a set time. Right now I am thinking of doing it every, Wednesday and Saturday night at Midnight EST, for the time being. Once I see how that goes and update the payment page to display the transactions better, I will try every day, Midnight EST.

♥ Katiee Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 21h 38m 50s

The first official pool payment went out. We are now all caught up, I will be doing these more regularly now.

I threw in 100 GRC from my own pocket just to say thanks once again for sticking with me while I get the pool stable and add new features. ♥

http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?transaction_detail&txid=77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c
http://explorer.gridcoin.asia/tx/77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c

The new profile / project settings page is done! However I still have some more work to do on the account manager side. I will also have to take down the website and account manager for a bit while I make some changes to the database, this should happen sometime tomorrow, I will post here before doing so.

Hey Katiee and all you poolers out there! I have been down for the last 2 days, with no OS on my machine. I dumped windows 10 because it kept having issues with the wallet and was locking up running boinc. I have switched to Ubuntu and am back up and running now.

Thank you Katiee for the pool payment, most excellent! I do appreciate you throwing in the extra GRC for us, however, seriously, it is not necessary. I have no problem with just waiting for my own cut from my own grinding. It is really a privilege to be able to use the pool to try to increase my own GRC, so stop throwing your GRC at us and let us earn it!!

Very excited about the new profile/project settings page, really looking forward to it. I know you have been really working hard to get it going. Cheers!

There is no worry about taking down your site to do the upgrade, I have enough projects stacked up that having a delay in uploading is no issue. Do what you gotta do!!

Again, thank you for all the work you are doing for all of us, I for one really do appreciate your great work!

Brew

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

spassbold
  • spassbold
  • Veteran Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts
  • 8 topics
    • Time Online: 13d 22h 37m 50s

Cool Katie!

So now we can also promote the pool to newbies right?

The singularity will happen within a currency.

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics

Cool Katie!

So far I have had feed back quoting the pools website where it says - 

What doesn't work:

  Pool obtaining GridCoins from the network
  Payments

. . . so I am waiting until katiee is ready to take that down. Once we get into established payments, then I will spread around the 'join the pool' because I think it will really take off!!

Cheers!!

Edited by brewsmith, 06 January 2016 - 01:47 PM.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 32m 9s

Cool Katie!

So far I have had feed back quoting the pools website where it says - 

What doesn't work:

  Pool obtaining GridCoins from the network
  Payments

. . . so I am waiting until katiee is ready to take that down. Once we get into established payments, then I will spread around the 'join the pool' because I think it will really take off!!

Cheers!!

I will update the front page and remove that once I get the new profile, project settings, account manager and database changes all pushed lived and tested for a couple days. Then I will start promoting the pool more myself as well.

The new changes should go live sometime tomorrow at the latest. I just finished the account manager changes and everything seems to be working well. As for the database changes, I really just have to rename some tables and do some cleanup (I'll be deleteing all hosts/projects that haven't got any RAC), then after a bit more testing if everything seems fine, I'll make everything live.

My next step for the pool is overall stats and leaderboards, then.. I have plans to add achievements/rewards based on the leaderboards. Haven't decided exactly what I'll do for it, but maybe to start off I'll do something simple like rewarding the top 3 researching every week/month some bonus GRC :D We'll see. If anyone has any ideas for that, please let me know! I have funds set aside for pool stuff, so don't worry about me! The extra GRC is earned by you all! For sticking with me and continuing to use the pool! It's a small investment for me. :P

Edited by Katiee, 07 January 2016 - 11:51 AM.

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

traderman
  • traderman
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  • 40 topics
    • Time Online: 33d 15h 53m 42s

Katiee, awesome work as usual. I think this pool will definitely bring in a lot of new people to the GRC economy.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

Testing for the new changes coming to the pool are going well. I should be able to make them live tomorrow morning/afternoon (EST).

I threw together a simple leaderboard for the moment, which I will expand on soon.
http://pool.gridcoin.co/test_public/stats/

We've staked a couple blocks since the last payment, so I will try to do another one after the changes go live tomorrow. (if they do :P)

Once again, thank you to everyone for helping out and getting our magnitude started! I will be rewarding some GRC to the top users on the leaderboard at some point, so get crunching everyone!

Edited by Katiee, 09 January 2016 - 11:16 PM.

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics

Testing for the new changes coming to the pool are going well. I should be able to make them live tomorrow morning/afternoon (EST).

I threw together a simple leaderboard for the moment, which I will expand on soon.
http://pool.gridcoin.co/test_public/stats/

We've staked a couple blocks since the last payment, so I will try to do another one after the changes go live tomorrow. (if they do :P)

Once again, thank you to everyone for helping out and getting our magnitude started! I will be rewarding some GRC to the top users on the leaderboard at some point, so get crunching everyone!

Excellent update, thank you Katiee !! Great view of the pool stats, I am hoping to be able to start consistently contributing today - still fighting my boinc to see my gpus. . . I am looking forward to the new manager! 

As always, keep up the great works Katiee, you are doing a great job!!

Cheers,

Brewsmithy

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

The new profile and account manager/database changes are now live! Please let me know if you notice any weird behavior.

The old project link settings are not read by the account manager anymore, so that means you will have to setup your projects again on the profile page. Everyone's projects are most likely going to be detached until you readd them, I'm sorry about that.

Also if your host is not showing up on the settings, you will need to sync the account manager first so it can grab your host information.

Edited by Katiee, 10 January 2016 - 11:21 AM.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

The "How to get Started" guide on the front page has been updated. http://pool.gridcoin.co/

I'd appreciate it if everyone could look over it and give me any feedback regarding how clear and easy it is to follow.

With that I am ready to start promoting the pool more after a couple days of letting these new changes run in the live environment. So PLEASE, let me know if you see any issues with the profile, account manager, or anything else! ♥

cibban
  • cibban
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 3h 55m 33s

I have now tried to setup projects on the new profile page and sync with two of my hosts, but I'm getting blank results. No projects, no tasks, after syncing with the pool.gridcoin.co manager.

I have tried everything I can think of, from simply adding projects to the host on  the profile and syncing, to entirely detaching from the pool manager, removing all projects and adding the manager again. The event log greets me with successful logins and "fetching configuration file..." but no joy.

Edited by cibban, 10 January 2016 - 01:27 PM.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

I have now tried to setup projects on the new profile page and sync with two of my hosts, but I'm getting blank results. No projects, no tasks, after syncing with the pool.gridcoin.co manager.

I have tried everything I can think of, from simply adding projects to the host on  the profile and syncing, to entirely detaching from the pool manager, removing all projects and adding the manager again. The event log greets me with successful logins and "fetching configuration file..." but no joy.

After you saved the settings on the profile, when you refresh the page do the new settings show up as expected?

Could you provide me with the full event log output from "Contacting account manager at http://pool.gridcoin.co/" and onward, as well as your "acct_mgr_reply.xml" file in your BOINC data directory? This should help in figuring out what is going on.

Edited by Katiee, 10 January 2016 - 01:42 PM.

cibban
  • cibban
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 topics

Yes, it looks just fine on the profile page even after logging out and in again. I'll get you those files as soon as I get home.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

Yes, it looks just fine on the profile page even after logging out and in again. I'll get you those files as soon as I get home.

Try it now, I think I found the problem and have implemented a fix. There was an issue with attaching projects if you did not already have any existing projects in BOINC. It should work now.

cibban
  • cibban
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 topics

Yeah, that did the trick. I got projects and tasks. All is good.

Great work,. Katiee!

Edited by cibban, 11 January 2016 - 03:11 AM.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

I've added GRC/BTC/USD estimated earnings to the profile page.

I've also setup this page http://pool.gridcoin.co/payments/ for displaying pool payments/transactions. I'll update it each time a payment goes out.

Right now payments are still semi manual, but I will be working on making this more automatic this week.

Edit:

Links to the Rankings and Payments pages have been added to the main site header

Edited by Katiee, 12 January 2016 - 04:05 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mining, poolmining, pool mining, research, crunching, katiee, researching, BOINC, account manager, BAM, mine, BAM!, Gridcoin, Gridcoin.co pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users