3 votes

Gridcoin.co Pool (beta) - The ONLY Gridcoin Pool!

Started By Katiee , Dec 23 2015 02:00 PM
mining poolmining pool mining research crunching katiee researching BOINC account manager BAM mine BAM! Gridcoin Gridcoin.co pool

Best Answer Katiee , 02 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

vLHC@home recently consolidated with LHC@home, so I am no longer able to get any tasks through vLHC@home, but I am also not able to download any tasks from LHC@home, even though I have it added through the pool and synchronized with my BOINCManager. Any ideas why I'm not able to pull down any tasks from LHC@home?

CMS, LHCb and Theory are not added as default so poolowner would need to add those.

I'll be looking into the settings for these and each of the current projects soon when I get some time, hopefully by next week.

If someone wants to list each project that needs updated and what the settings should be changed to, into one organized post here, that would be very helpful! ♥

@Katiee, do you think this would be possible to change? I'm not sure if it would be possible to add options in future versions of your account manager, but it seems like it would be helpful to give users options of which tasks/subprojects they would like to run. I think this would be especially helpful if projects like World Community Grid are added in the future, since they have a number of projects to choose tasks for. This could be an option in the same way as the "No CPU, No NVIDIA, ATI, Intel GPU" options. Thanks!

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to allow each pool user to set their own project settings, the pool has one account on each project, so changing those settings would affect EVERYONE on the pool, there is NO way around this sadly. It is completely out of my control. The only thing I can allow a user to control are the settings that are already currently available on your profile page, CPU/GPU/etc. Those are all client side options that the BOINC WebRPC can control. I guess it could be possible that the BOINC WebRPC has changed since the start of the pool, so I will look into if it is possible to set tasks client side now.. but I seriously doubt this has been changed.

World Community Grid isn't on the pool for a reason, they have a completely custom BOINC server build that didn't allow certain features that are absolutely required to function on the pool. I can't remember these off the top of my head.. there should be a post somewhere in this thread that went into detail about it, but I promise you at the time it just was not possible. I had originally thought I would be able to code workarounds specifically for just WCG to fix some of those issues, but I remember in the end running into huge roadblocks that prevented that. However, I will look into this at some point to see if anything has changed.

As for the whitelist, I am aware the pool has projects that are no longer on the whitelist, and are missing new projects that were added since the pool started. Adding/removing projects from the pool as they are from the whitelist is a much bigger task to do automatically then I had thought when I originally started coding the pool, I had planned to get that working at some point, but never had the time to finish it. And doing it manually meant keeping up with the Gridcoin whitelist myself, which I had been doing in the beginning but no longer really have the time to do so. I can't make any promises on this front, but it is at the top of my list to fix, whenever I can actually sit down to work on the pool code more.

I am really sorry for the slow development on the pool, but I never expected it to become this big, or to be the only one out there. Hopefully at the start of next year, after all the holidays have passed, I will finally have some time to sit down and start working on it again some. Trust me, I wish I could work full-time on the pool and Gridcoin services in general, but currently that is just not a viable option for me.. maybe someday that will change, but until then my real life job and well-being has to take priority. I really hope you all can understand.

In better news though, the new payment changes I made a couple weeks ago seem to have done the trick in fixing the issues it was having. Which means I can finally once again set the script to run automatically at a set time. Right now I am thinking of doing it every, Wednesday and Saturday night at Midnight EST, for the time being. Once I see how that goes and update the payment page to display the transactions better, I will try every day, Midnight EST.

♥ Katiee Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

big_swifty
  • big_swifty
  • Master member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • 12 topics
    • Time Online: 7d 5h 50m 51s
  • LocationEngland

@startail Hello :-) If you are in Japan can I ask if most Japanese users of Pool mining and GRC would expect to see English language? Do you know if anyone is doing a Japanese and Mandarin version? Hope you don't mind me asking you!

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

Sergei Chernykh
  • Sergei Chernykh
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 5h 19m 17s

Katiee

Please add Amicable Numbers project to your whitelist. It's already in Gridcoin's whitelist. Many users crunch it solo already, but it's not available for this pool yet. Thanks in advance!

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics
    • Time Online: 86d 13h 32m 48s

Please try grcpool.com , it is supporting amicable numbers .

chw555
  • chw555
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 40m 12s

Hello @all,

I´m active in the pool since Janurary, until 26th of March with one PC, until the second PC came to the account all works fine. But after the second PC came to my Pool account something gets wrong. So the internal Host CPID changed from the CPID of my wallet to another one, and this of the second PC is also another one, shouldn´t it be the self like before?

And a second bug is there, where is the money I should get? I only get a part of the 0,87540669740696% from 35047,738988256, I get two payments from your site on this day first around 10 gridcoins and second around 7,99 gridcoins, but shouldn´t it be around 306 gridcoins and only one payment (35047*0,87%)?

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

Dear pool members, please do not expect any help or support on pool.gridcoin.co anymore as the pool admin Katiee seems gone. In case you have doubts, please change to grcpool.com with lower fees, more support and the intent to open source the server code.

chw555
  • chw555
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 40m 12s

Thank you for correcting the payment.

Best Regards

Chw555

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

Dear Katiee,

If you are reading this, awesome! We'd love to talk to you about your APIs. Please see our last mail(s) or just write me one.

Quez

Fella1990
  • Fella1990
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • 3 topics
    • Time Online: 3h 27m 56s

Sadly it looks like there are issues with this pool.

I received coins on a previous payment date as expected.

However I haven't received anything for the latest payment date, reported as 2017-04-07. I've got two pc's with mags of 30+ per the profile page.

I guess the distribution code isn't working?

Sorry Kaitee I'll be switching to the other pool with the hopes I'll get the reward for my crunching there.

big_swifty
  • big_swifty
  • Master member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • 12 topics
    • Time Online: 7d 5h 50m 51s
  • LocationEngland

@katiee Hi Katie, would your please consider a ramp-down to close? We should discuss an exit strategy. Its not fair on you to have this millstone around your neck. You can come back in then if you wish and enjoy it :). Generally folks, We should discuss a SPoC or single point of contact. There is too many little bits of Gridcoin data/media/copy that is out of date, irrelevant and is adding to the challenges we have at the moment.

Best regards

big_swifty

NB: who has admin access to...

http://www.gridcoin.co/ (

http://pool.gridcoin.co/ (sub domain)

twitter @Gridcoinnetwork

github https://github.com/Kati3e/autoit-gridcoin-profitwatcher

http://www.gridcoin.us/Guides/earn-grc.htm with link at bottom left to http://www.gridcoin.co/

This was also cc'd to 27520-katiee as a PM.

Edited by big_swifty, 22 April 2017 - 06:04 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mining, poolmining, pool mining, research, crunching, katiee, researching, BOINC, account manager, BAM, mine, BAM!, Gridcoin, Gridcoin.co pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users