3 votes

Gridcoin.co Pool (beta) - The ONLY Gridcoin Pool!

Started By Katiee , Dec 23 2015 02:00 PM
mining poolmining pool mining research crunching katiee researching BOINC account manager BAM mine BAM! Gridcoin Gridcoin.co pool

Best Answer Katiee , 02 December 2016 - 11:09 AM

vLHC@home recently consolidated with LHC@home, so I am no longer able to get any tasks through vLHC@home, but I am also not able to download any tasks from LHC@home, even though I have it added through the pool and synchronized with my BOINCManager. Any ideas why I'm not able to pull down any tasks from LHC@home?

CMS, LHCb and Theory are not added as default so poolowner would need to add those.

I'll be looking into the settings for these and each of the current projects soon when I get some time, hopefully by next week.

If someone wants to list each project that needs updated and what the settings should be changed to, into one organized post here, that would be very helpful! ♥

@Katiee, do you think this would be possible to change? I'm not sure if it would be possible to add options in future versions of your account manager, but it seems like it would be helpful to give users options of which tasks/subprojects they would like to run. I think this would be especially helpful if projects like World Community Grid are added in the future, since they have a number of projects to choose tasks for. This could be an option in the same way as the "No CPU, No NVIDIA, ATI, Intel GPU" options. Thanks!

It is IMPOSSIBLE for me to allow each pool user to set their own project settings, the pool has one account on each project, so changing those settings would affect EVERYONE on the pool, there is NO way around this sadly. It is completely out of my control. The only thing I can allow a user to control are the settings that are already currently available on your profile page, CPU/GPU/etc. Those are all client side options that the BOINC WebRPC can control. I guess it could be possible that the BOINC WebRPC has changed since the start of the pool, so I will look into if it is possible to set tasks client side now.. but I seriously doubt this has been changed.

World Community Grid isn't on the pool for a reason, they have a completely custom BOINC server build that didn't allow certain features that are absolutely required to function on the pool. I can't remember these off the top of my head.. there should be a post somewhere in this thread that went into detail about it, but I promise you at the time it just was not possible. I had originally thought I would be able to code workarounds specifically for just WCG to fix some of those issues, but I remember in the end running into huge roadblocks that prevented that. However, I will look into this at some point to see if anything has changed.

As for the whitelist, I am aware the pool has projects that are no longer on the whitelist, and are missing new projects that were added since the pool started. Adding/removing projects from the pool as they are from the whitelist is a much bigger task to do automatically then I had thought when I originally started coding the pool, I had planned to get that working at some point, but never had the time to finish it. And doing it manually meant keeping up with the Gridcoin whitelist myself, which I had been doing in the beginning but no longer really have the time to do so. I can't make any promises on this front, but it is at the top of my list to fix, whenever I can actually sit down to work on the pool code more.

I am really sorry for the slow development on the pool, but I never expected it to become this big, or to be the only one out there. Hopefully at the start of next year, after all the holidays have passed, I will finally have some time to sit down and start working on it again some. Trust me, I wish I could work full-time on the pool and Gridcoin services in general, but currently that is just not a viable option for me.. maybe someday that will change, but until then my real life job and well-being has to take priority. I really hope you all can understand.

In better news though, the new payment changes I made a couple weeks ago seem to have done the trick in fixing the issues it was having. Which means I can finally once again set the script to run automatically at a set time. Right now I am thinking of doing it every, Wednesday and Saturday night at Midnight EST, for the time being. Once I see how that goes and update the payment page to display the transactions better, I will try every day, Midnight EST.

♥ Katiee Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
338 replies to this topic

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 21h 38m 50s

I am I am as fast as I can, I am!! Ok at this very moment the grinding machine is locked up because, well, ok you tweak till you break something, right? I must be doing it correctly then, cause. . . it appears I broke it. . . again. . . 

Anyway, hopefully at some point the system will get caught up and we should start showing some magnitude. The majority of my boinc is on the pool (except for the projects the pools doesn't have yet, soon, soon. . ).

Ok keep up the great works and thank you again for what you do so well!!

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 20h 32m 53s

:)
Regarding the other projects:
We were able to add all projects because we gave away the BAM weak key that automatically added all projects to a client, just like it was your own cpid. I guess your system, with an own manager, works different. ..

Are you 100% sure of this, because I've looked into more and these projects use an older version of the BOINC server that doesn't have weak auths.. There is no way BAM! could get weak auth for these projects. If they did truly work on the old pool then that must mean BAM! was sending the full auth key to people, which is BAAAAD, anyone can see these keys in the acct_mgr_reply.xml in the BOINC data dir.. Which would give them full access to the account on that project. If there is anyway you could login to the old pool's BAM! with the weak auth, in BOINC, and check that xml file to see, that would be a huge help. If BAM! was actually sending weak auths from those projects.. then I really dunno what I'm missing here.

gridcoin.co - GridCoin Magnitude/Earnings Calculator

pool.gridcoin.co - GridCoin.co Pool (beta) - New GridCoin Research Pool!

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics
    • Time Online: 86d 13h 32m 48s

:)
Regarding the other projects:
We were able to add all projects because we gave away the BAM weak key that automatically added all projects to a client, just like it was your own cpid. I guess your system, with an own manager, works different. ..

Are you 100% sure of this, because I've looked into more and these projects use an older version of the BOINC server that doesn't have weak auths.. There is no way BAM! could get weak auth for these projects. If they did truly work on the old pool then that must mean BAM! was sending the full auth key to people, which is BAAAAD, anyone can see these keys in the acct_mgr_reply.xml in the BOINC data dir.. Which would give them full access to the account on that project. If there is anyway you could login to the old pool's BAM! with the weak auth, in BOINC, and check that xml file to see, that would be a huge help. If BAM! was actually sending weak auths from those projects.. then I really dunno what I'm missing here.

Feel free to try it yourself : 194023_d2cef202fb48c1734e07e8b58821fe71

I am on a trip, only mobile. But if I can somehow help more, I will ASAP

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

I struggled today trying to make the new profile page look good with all the project settings, but I think I'm pretty close to the final page layout/design.

As for the backend stuff related to project settings.. I should be able to get that all sorted out by Monday, we'll see. I'm having to reorganize some database tables, then I'll have to test everything before making it live.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! ♥

Edited by Katiee, 25 December 2015 - 10:32 PM.

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics

Katiee, 

Question from the IRC I couldn't answer -- ButtoningSole02 is there a way to reset password on the pools website?

Edited by brewsmith, 26 December 2015 - 06:13 AM.

rtw93
  • rtw93
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 3 topics
    • Time Online: 3d 21h 17m 17s

Hey ho,

today i got a massage from BOINC, i thnik you tryed to send us something?

but there was a error:

http://pool.gridcoin.co/:Notice from BOINC
Nachricht vom Kontomanager: transient HTTP error
26.12.2015 11:53:42

Hope that will help you

GRC, for a better World.

GRC: S4umDxgB5ztAat3qWAWqG58UgWpKSf35j6

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

Hey ho,

but there was a error:

Hope that will help you

Have you still been getting this error? If you still get this sometimes, please PM me the contents of your acct_mgr_reply.xml file in your BOINC data directory right after it occurs. Thanks.

Katiee, 

Question from the IRC I couldn't answer -- ButtoningSole02 is there a way to reset password on the pools website?

http://pool.gridcoin.co/login/reset/ should now work. If not, let me know.

Added that link to the login page as well.

Edited by Katiee, 27 December 2015 - 08:20 AM.

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics

Hey ho,

but there was a error:

Hope that will help you

Have you still been getting this error? If you still get this sometimes, please PM me the contents of your acct_mgr_reply.xml file in your BOINC data directory right after it occurs. Thanks.

Katiee, 

http://pool.gridcoin.co/login/reset/ should now work. If not, let me know.

Added that link to the login page as well.

Katiee it works great! Thank you for the hard work!

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics

Hello Gridcoin Co Pool,

Katiee, I have started a thread on reddit to promote the pool, and the most frequent comment from people looking into it are about if payments are working yet or not. 

Is this still correct? -- "  What doesn't work:

  Pool obtaining GridCoins from the network
  Payments

Thank you again for your work, you are doing a wonderful job!! 

Brew

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

Spent a little more time on the new profile / project settings. Let me know what you all think of it and if you have any ideas/suggestions for the design/layout of the page. The backend still needs to be updated before I switch over to it, so there is still time for me to make some changes before then.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, on another note, it seems our magnitude is high enough to stake pretty much every day now. I'll most likely do our first real payment tomorrow. I would have liked to have the new profile done before then, but I still need a couple more days before pushing that live. We'll see.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has joined the pool and for bearing with me through our start up phase, I really appreciate it! None of this would be possible without you all. ♥

Edited by Katiee, 27 December 2015 - 09:20 PM.

brewsmith
  • brewsmith
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • 0 topics

Spent a little more time on the new profile / project settings. Let me know what you all think of it and if you have any ideas/suggestions for the design/layout of the page. The backend still needs to be updated before I switch over to it, so there is still time for me to make some changes before then.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Also, on another note, it seems our magnitude is high enough to stake pretty much every day now. I'll most likely do our first real payment tomorrow. I would have liked to have the new profile done before then, but I still need a couple more days before pushing that live. We'll see.

I just want to say thanks to everyone who has joined the pool and for bearing with me through our start up phase, I really appreciate it! None of this would be possible without you all. ♥

It looks great! I am excited to see it when you get ready. As far as when payments come out, I personally am happy to wait until you are ready, so finish the profile if you want to, the added balance in the pool wallet wont hurt any of us. 

Also, just to be really clear, none of this would be possible without you. We are users, and are testing, YOUR work. . .  so very much, thank you for what you do. 

Cheers!!

Brewsmithy

rtw93
  • rtw93
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 3 topics

Spoiler

Spoiler

I love it^^

GRC, for a better World.

cibban
  • cibban
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 3h 55m 33s

I've received a couple of small transactions. Could it be the pool that's starting to pay out?

rtw93
  • rtw93
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
  • 3 topics

I've received a couple of small transactions. Could it be the pool that's starting to pay out?

Nope the new Client ha a projekt rain

GRC, for a better World.

Katiee
  • Katiee
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • 2 topics

The first official pool payment went out. We are now all caught up, I will be doing these more regularly now.

I threw in 100 GRC from my own pocket just to say thanks once again for sticking with me while I get the pool stable and add new features. ♥

http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/?transaction_detail&txid=77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c
http://explorer.gridcoin.asia/tx/77e8c15a343bc28f0b6f5d623f1721a30098fdcc49670dd171ea390b1a45ea6c

The new profile / project settings page is done! However I still have some more work to do on the account manager side. I will also have to take down the website and account manager for a bit while I make some changes to the database, this should happen sometime tomorrow, I will post here before doing so.

Edited by Katiee, 05 January 2016 - 06:27 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mining, poolmining, pool mining, research, crunching, katiee, researching, BOINC, account manager, BAM, mine, BAM!, Gridcoin, Gridcoin.co pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users