140 replies to this topic

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics
    • Time Online: 86d 13h 32m 48s

If you increase your (internal) magnitude you will gain more, write an eimal to pool.gridcoin@gmail.com with your known address and you will get a mining guide (which we will provide later on our website for logged-in members)

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

oleg25
  • oleg25
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 4h 30m 10s

bitcoin utopia is not working correctly! settings in your account is not included in the client.

d2325ce66f64.png

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

Erm how can I activate BU? Ive disabled CPU and GPU usage becaue it just waste. Haha I need some assitance on that

nanoprobe
  • nanoprobe
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • 3 topics
    • Time Online: 6h 38m 1s

So for this to work on multiple hosts each host needs it's own wallet?

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

So for this to work on multiple hosts each host needs it's own wallet?

No you you can just give us 1 GRC address and all hosts will work for this wallet.

dnatheist
  • dnatheist
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
  • 2 topics
    • Time Online: 14h 8m 28s

Yay. First tiny payout from pool. At least I now know it is working; now for the other couple of hosts, and better config, and better project selection. Keen to see the guide too.

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

Write a mail, Ill return the guide once I can confirm you are an active member :D

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

And please, for all pool users, provide EVERY device you wish to add to the pool including the hostname. We still have some orpahn devices.

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

News on the Pool:

We are starting a second CPID to avoid getting near the 20000 magnitude cap :)

Once the second back end runs and the wallet stakes at least daily we will add the new users to that CPID.
Thanks to snakes who works with me to get an initial magnitude on the second CPID!

Quez

snakes_
  • snakes_
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 7d 21h 14m 55s

News on the Pool:

Once the second back end runs and the wallet stakes at least daily we will add the new users to that CPID.
Thanks to snakes who works with me to get an initial magnitude on the second CPID!

Quez

Got everything set up and mining Leiden, wuprop and vLHC now! :-)

snakes

Edited by snakes_, 22 November 2015 - 09:09 AM.

Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin)
  • Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin)
  • Gridcoin Developer
  • CODING DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • 11 topics
    • Time Online: 61d 11h 30m 19s
  • LocationNakamoto Province

News on the Pool:

Quez

Really cool you are doing all this - especially since we technically need this pool for the PiGrid program.  Otherwise I would have made it a top priority to keep the core working for newbies without a pool (since we really wanted to shed the pool and extraneous infrastructure after moving from scrypt to POR/RA), but anyway, its great to have more services especially where necessary for mission critical operations.

I have not had a chance to see it yet however.  

However I did try to sync my NN to find this #1 CPID with 20,000 mag, but I see the top dog is still Meryem with 4200 mag.  Where can I find the pool cpid?

Rob

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

I quote myself "We are starting a second CPID to avoid getting near the 20000 magnitude cap". We are at 941 right now, rising pretty fast. We are expecting to hit 10k magnitude in a week or so.

Here we are: http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/index.php?cpid_dashboard&CPID=ddc417a5e03d3870682e71ec413904ae

Rob we still think the newbie boost should be re-activated. There are people who do not want to join the pool so we should let them have a fair chance to get into solo mining on their own. We do not want to make any profit, we want to be a kickstarting platform for newbies who do not want to invest directly.

The Pool Team

Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin)
  • Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin)
  • Gridcoin Developer
  • CODING DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,327 posts
  • 11 topics
    • Time Online: 61d 11h 30m 19s
  • LocationNakamoto Province

I quote myself "We are starting a second CPID to avoid getting near the 20000 magnitude cap". We are at 941 right now, rising pretty fast. We are expecting to hit 10k magnitude in a week or so.

Here we are: http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/index.php?cpid_dashboard&CPID=ddc417a5e03d3870682e71ec413904ae

Rob we still think the newbie boost should be re-activated. There are people who do not want to join the pool so we should let them have a fair chance to get into solo mining on their own. We do not want to make any profit, we want to be a kickstarting platform for newbies who do not want to invest directly.

The Pool Team

Oh OK, (I thought you were already approaching the 20,000 cap so I was looking in the top 5).  Ok I see you now (GridcoinPool1) awesome.

Yes, we'll see what we can do about those newbie rules.

Since it requires a mandatory Id like to team it up with something innovative at the same time.

Also it would be a good idea if we can go back to testnet and test the new rule just to make sure we nail it.  We've had a lot of banter back and forth taking stabs at this for a while and it seems to be an elusive problem - so let me go to the drawing board and see if we can create something new that may work a little better than RSA weight (if thats possible).

Rob

Davin Davies
  • Davin Davies
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 9h 25m 38s

How long till i get a response to email about joining pool?

Quez
  • Quez
  • Crypto Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts
  • 22 topics

Till i get home. Last time i checked was about 6 hours ago. We do not have a 24/7 support yet :D

Or when did you write the mail ? Maybe you slipped my view.

Quez

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users