• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

MarkRBright
  • MarkRBright
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 1h 27m 47s

Hi folks. I am very new here (less than a week) having recently spotted the ads for Gridcoins on the BAM site.

So I think I did everything right with the setup, I managed to beg a balance of around 530 GRC and I was getting used to checking in each day to see if I had managed to Earn more by virtue of BOINC. However thats when my PC motherboard died.So I have built a new beastie and gone through the motions of getting everything going again and find that it all looks pretty good apart from my balance being somewhat less than one GRC. And this is where I suddenly realise that I have no backup or export or save of my wallet. I hadn't actually got to the point where I realised the wallets significance! I think I expected transactions to 'rebuild' my balance from knowing my CPID. So my question is "how can I get my balance off of an old PC's hard drive?" Yeah, that's all I want ;-)

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

Moises Cardona
  • Moises Cardona
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • 14 topics
    • Time Online: 1d 11h 26m 46s

Wow no one actually replied to this topic!

So, since you mention the motherboard went bad, I suspect the hard disk drive is still working, so an option would be to hook that drive using a SATA to USB cable, then navigating to (drive letter):\Users\Your Username\AppData\Roaming\GridcoinResearch and copying the wallet.dat from that hard disk to your PC hard disk drive. Unfortunately if you installed Windows in the same hard drive you had used in your previous PC build, then unfortunately you are out of luck.

MarkRBright
  • MarkRBright
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 1h 27m 47s

Thanks for taking the time to reply. ;-)

I did indeed work it out a while back, copying the wallet.dat file and waiting a bit.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users