Hi, I wanted to show you my current project, a solar powered staking wallet. My goal is to derive a small income by staking a few crypto coins in a reliable stable setup that runs off my own energy resources. I built a small PV/battery electric system that runs two raspberry pi's which stake HoboNickels and Jimbucks.
A few details:
- 60 watt 12vdc solar panel
- Panel rotates on an axis parallel to earth's poles (i.e. it points to the north star). This allows one to point the panel at the sun throughout the day, doubling power output over fixed panels.
- Mounting bracket is made from standard 1/2 inch iron pipe and fittings.
- 20 amp PWM charge controller charges a flooded deep cycle lead acid battery and provides current protection.
- 12vdc to 5vdc buck converter powers 2 raspberry pi's and USB hard drives dedicated to hold swap files, operating system, wallet software, and data.
- Each Raspberry Pi runs one coin wallet daemon, HoboNickels in one, Jumbucks in the other.
A few photos