11 replies to this topic

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics
    • Time Online: 2d 2h 21m 45s

Hello, I found this in the HYP thread:

- liteStake : Previously the staking process would continuosly rehash the same hashes over and over, needlessly taking up valuable CPU power. HYP added a std::map that tracks the block height and the last time the wallet hashed on this height. Depending on your staking settings, the wallet will not begin a new round of hashing until after a certain amount of time has passed, or a new block is accepted. This means that there will be 1-5 seconds of CPU hashing once every minute, compared to continuous CPU hashing.

Edited by HCLivess, 05 August 2015 - 05:41 AM.

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

im thinking that this is not a good idea. if someone else compiles a client without litestake, there will be a high amount of orphans for everyone else. at least theoretically

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

I discovered a coin made from scratch, it utilizes energy-efficient staking (even for smartphones) and claims to have 1s transactions implemented very soon.

https://github.com/john-connor/vanillacoin

Edited by HCLivess, 05 August 2015 - 05:42 AM.

Snowbear
  • Snowbear
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 5 topics
    • Time Online: 17h 52m 25s
  • Twitter: @woods_nh

it looks interesting, but then I saw vanilla coin stake interest is just .7% per year and that would keep me from getting involved. I don't know enough about wallet software to know if something about vanilla coin's 'efficient  staking' might be useful to improve upon HoboNickels. I do notice running the HBN daemon on my Pi with a second coin also running slows the Pi WAY down unacceptably. Yet I can run two other coin wallets on a Pi fine. It's just that one of them can't be HBN. I'd be delighted to find a new wallet someday that would bog down the Pi if I try running it with a second coin. --Cheers 

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Thanks for the reply. I can undserstand that cpu/ram usage can be difficult for some users and may shy away some investors. But on the other hand, ~100% yearly is a nice nice stake for this price and the network remains as secure as possible I'd imagine. Vanillacoin published a new library, which is said to be backward compatible with peercoin and all other proof of stake coins. I think this is really interesting, because we would not need to cross the gap to BTC in code

https://github.com/john-connor/coinpp

Snowbear
  • Snowbear
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 5 topics

Thanks for the reply. I can undserstand that cpu/ram usage can be difficult for some users and may shy away some investors. But on the other hand, ~100% yearly is a nice nice stake for this price 

Where did you see 100% per year? What I was reading said 0.7%

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Hi, I meant HBN, not VNL

Snowbear
  • Snowbear
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 5 topics

Hi, I meant HBN, not VNL

ahh, ok, i get you now :) The high return of HBN is great as long as it can maintain a relatively stable market value.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Thanks for the reply. I can undserstand that cpu/ram usage can be difficult for some users and may shy away some investors. But on the other hand, ~100% yearly is a nice nice stake for this price 

Where did you see 100% per year? What I was reading said 0.7%

Indeed, it is my first coin and also the best investment out of all  (LTC, VNC, OPAL, VPNCOIN, MYR, DOGE)

I bought at 0.00017, held over the spikes and kept buying all the way down to 0.00003

Snowbear
  • Snowbear
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • 5 topics

agreed.  HBN is my best investment as well. It's hard to argue otherwise as you watch your holdings grow every day. Spreads are too wide though with thin trading volume. We need more people involved.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Just found out that VNL code is actually the BTC code stripped of attribution (broken copyright)

so sad

Edited by HCLivess, 12 August 2015 - 08:12 AM.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Keeping an eye on CLAM, it has active github development recently. Perhaps they could come up with some improvements useful to us.

https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users