• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics
    • Time Online: 2d 2h 21m 45s

Hello, I have been looking for some device on which I could stake HBN, NXT, PHS, NVC, CAPS, HYPERSTAKE, TEK. Because Rapsberry Pi is not cutting it due to high demands on memory, here is a list of alternatives, some of which can be modified to run Linux:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_single-board_computers

I personally like Tronsmart Draco Telos with it's 4 GB of RAM and killer specs. It is brand new and can run multiple Linux distributions.

Other than that, there are some Intel x86 Windows options, becoming reasonable with the new Haswell processor energetic efficiency. This may be a better option for compatibility reasons. I recommend against the official Intel NUC, which are unreasonably expensive. There are chinese cases available from AliExpress and eBay. My personal favorite is U4200, but it is rather expensive.

Tronsmart Draco AW80 Telos Android TV Box Octa Core 4G/32G 802.11ac 2.4G/5GHz WiFi 4K*2K H.265 SATA

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Tronsmart-Draco-AW80-Telos-Android-TV-Box-Octa-Core-4G-32G-802-11ac-2-4G-5GHz/32258775415.html

$175

Intel i5-4200U CPU, 8GB RAM+120GB SSD, 4* USB3.0, 1920*1080, HDMI, WiFi

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/-/1995516355.html

$320

Any thoughts or experiences?

Edited by HCLivess, 27 January 2015 - 09:29 AM.

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

Tranz
  • Tranz
  • Hobonickels Developer
  • CODING DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • 34 topics
    • Time Online: 24d 3h 50m 45s

I really like the Tronsmart. Good price point. I do wonder how well it actually works.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Yea, I wanted to buy it from AliExpress, there was an offer for $45 and it was obviously a scam. But I got my money back and 10% extra due to surge of USD :D Anyway, I may still buy it for $175. Will let you know how it works if I do ;)

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Here is a general review of Tronsmart Telos: http://www.androidauthority.com/tronsmart-launches-worlds-first-octa-core-media-player-545399/

Tranz
  • Tranz
  • Hobonickels Developer
  • CODING DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • 34 topics

So you going to get one?! :P

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Just found this http://www.allwinnertech.com/plus/view.php?aid=527so maybe I will wait a few months until somebody produces a single board computer with this processor. Also, I was considering the RAM extension to 16 GB and the Intel platform might be more suitable for that, also I may want to extend with an SSD which the Intel choice already has integrated. So I am still hesitating :) Also the new SkyLake may be one more reason for me to wait.

Edited by HCLivess, 11 February 2015 - 04:37 AM.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

So as I noticed the release of HBN for Ubuntu, I have changed my mind. Today I have purchased Tronsmart Telos with 4 GB RAM and 32 GB storage. Yesterday I tried running HBN on Lubuntu virtual machine and it worked. I need a dedicated staking computer ASAP. I will report and document after the delivery.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

OK, before my Tronsmart Draco arrives, I moved the HBN blockchain to the SSD and the performance increase is incredible. I am not sure what impact it has on the wearing, but on my standard 7200 RPM Baracuda HDD, it often went to 100% usage. Now it is around 6%.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Tronsmart has almost arrived. In the end I bought it for $199  from a reliable supplier recommended by Tronsmart on Aliexpress (Mobase http://www.aliexpress.com/store/323423)

I paid additional $25 for customs declaration, although I told them to declare it as MiniPC, but instead they declared it as TV BOX. (90% of the additional costs is for the actual handling)

If you make an order, make sure you told them multiple times to declare it as MiniPC if your import fees do not apply to that ;)

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

the device was DOA. Requesting a replacement.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

I am getting some really odd errors when attempting to execute

hclivess@allwinner:~/Downloads$ sudo ./HoboNickels-qt [sudo] password for hclivess: ./HoboNickels-qt: 1: ./HoboNickels-qt: ELF: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 2: ./HoboNickels-qt: @!@@@@@00pp@p@@@dd: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 3: ./HoboNickels-qt: d: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 4: ./HoboNickels-qt: : not found./HoboNickels-qt: 5: ./HoboNickels-qt: L6: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 6: ./HoboNickels-qt: d: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 7: ./HoboNickels-qt: : not found./HoboNickels-qt: 8: ./HoboNickels-qt: PtdQtRtd: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 9: ./HoboNickels-qt: d: not found./HoboNickels-qt: 10: ./HoboNickels-qt: : not found./HoboNickels-qt: 11: ./HoboNickels-qt: Syntax error: ")" unexpectedhclivess@allwinner:~/Downloads$

when trying to compile:

make[1]: `libleveldb.a' is up to date.make[1]: `libmemenv.a' is up to date.make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/hclivess/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src/leveldb'cd /home/hclivess/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0; /bin/sh share/genbuild.sh /home/hclivess/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/build/build.hfatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .gitg++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -msse2 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHARED_MUTEX_ON_WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_LEVELDB -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/linux-g++ -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -I/usr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/txdb-leveldb.o src/txdb-leveldb.cppg++: error: unrecognized command line option ���-msse2���make: *** [build/txdb-leveldb.o] Error 1hclivess@allwinner:~/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0$

I changed the locale to fix the strange symbols:

sudo apt-get install --reinstall language-pack-en
sudo locale-gen en_US en_US.UTF-8

my last two lines of /etc/environment now:

LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8
LANG=en_US.UTF-8

EDIT: looks like it might be something connected with the actual architecture (sse) http://forum.deutsche-emark.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=jf59rp854og8p96ifhge4nvoo1&topic=521.0;nowapLinux version is Linaro and ARM type is armhf, so surely no SSE there.

Here is some guide for compiling which I will test now: http://codesuppository.blogspot.cz/2015/02/sse2neonh-porting-guide-and-header-file.html

EDIT 2: I fixed the locale issues using the guide above and some meddling with /etc/environment. Now I no longer get those strange characters when trying to compile

EDIT3: This looks promising http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.audio.non-mixer/221

EDIT4: I ran the following compilation commands without errors:

qmake
make -mno-sse

This is the result: http://pastebin.com/3Gt0XJwM

I cannot see the executable anywhere :(

Edited by HCLivess, 07 May 2015 - 04:25 AM.

Tranz
  • Tranz
  • Hobonickels Developer
  • CODING DEVELOPER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
  • 34 topics

Your exe should be under src

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Hello. Actually when I deleted the build folder and try to recreate again using 

qmake

, then directly 

make -mno-sse

I see that the last line of the output says 

make: *** No rule to make target `build/build.h', needed by `build/version.o'.  Stop.

Edited by HCLivess, 09 May 2015 - 12:17 PM.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

I will need to find a way how to fix that -msse. I see that it has already been fixed for pi here, so I'll try to go through it and find parallels

https://github.com/Tranz5/HoboNickels/commit/e41a5741c8c09c387286b85fa9e4c3f0e30ea481

I opened the Makefile and removed msse2

CFLAGS        = -pipe -msse2 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -fPIE $(DEFINES)CXXFLAGS      = -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -msse2 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE $(DEFINES)

now the compilation is under way, there are some warnings but it continues:

g++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -f diagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat- security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_U SE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHARED_MUTEX_ON _WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_LEVELDB -D HAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_NETWOR K_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/linu x-g++ -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -I/u sr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/inc lude/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -I build -o build/main.o src/main.cppsrc/main.cpp: In function ‘unsigned int GetNextTargetRequired(const CBlockIndex* , bool)’:src/main.cpp:1287:35: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer ex pressions [-Wsign-compare]if (pindexLast->nHeight + 1 > VERSION1_5_SWITCH_BLOCK)^g++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -f diagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat- security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_U SE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHARED_MUTEX_ON _WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_LEVELDB -D HAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_NETWOR K_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/linu x-g++ -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -I/u sr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/inc lude/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -I build -o build/miner.o src/miner.cppg++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -f diagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat- security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_U SE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHARED_MUTEX_ON _WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_LEVELDB -D HAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_NETWOR K_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/linu x-g++ -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -I/u sr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/inc lude/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -I build -o build/init.o src/init.cppIn file included from src/bitcoinrpc.h:16:0,from src/init.cpp:9:src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h: In function ‘String_type json_spirit::no n_printable_to_string(unsigned int)’:src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h:31:50: warning: typedef ‘Char_type’ local ly defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]typedef typename String_type::value_type Char_type;^g++ -c -pipe -fstack-protector-all --param ssp-buffer-size=1 -O2 -D_REENTRANT -f diagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wno-ignored-qualifiers -Wformat -Wformat- security -Wno-unused-parameter -Wstack-protector -fPIE -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_U SE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_PROVIDES_GENERIC_SHARED_MUTEX_ON _WIN -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DUSE_DBUS -DUSE_LEVELDB -D HAVE_BUILD_INFO -DLINUX -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_DBUS_LIB -DQT_NETWOR K_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/qt5/mkspecs/linu x-g++ -Isrc -Isrc/json -Isrc/qt -Isrc/leveldb/include -Isrc/leveldb/helpers -I/u sr/include/qt5 -I/usr/include/qt5/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt5/QtDBus -I/usr/inc lude/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -I build -o build/net.o src/net.cpp

Now I got this error:

I/usr/include/qt5/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt5/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt5/QtCore -Ibuild -Ibuild -o build/scrypt_mine.o src/scrypt_mine.cppsrc/scrypt_mine.cpp:32:23: fatal error: xmmintrin.h: No such file or directory #include                        ^compilation terminated.make: *** [build/scrypt_mine.o] Error 1

But hopefully I know how to fix it, by changing to #include in src/scrypt_mine.cpp
and placing the file in src:
https://code.google.com/p/sse2neon/source/browse/trunk/SSE2NEON.h

Another error:

In file included from src/SSE2NEON.h:22:0,                 from src/scrypt_mine.cpp:32:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-linux-gnueabihf/4.8/include/arm_neon.h:32:2: error: #error You must enable NEON instructions (e.g. -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon) to use arm_neon.h #error You must enable NEON instructions (e.g. -mfloat-abi=softfp -mfpu=neon) to use arm_neon.h

OK I commented that out completely, because I don't want to meddle with it right now. I made a mistake, I thought that the linux version of hbn is the same thing as the one for raspberry pi and I skipped the raspberry pi guide completely. Silly me. Compiling again now.

Got this error:

g++ -O2 -pthread -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -I/home/linaro/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src -I/home/linaro/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src/obj -DUSE_UPNP=0 -I/home/linaro/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src/leveldb/include -DUSE_LEVELDB -I/home/linaro/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src/leveldb/helpers -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -fno-stack-protector -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -o hobonickelsd leveldb/libleveldb.a leveldb/libmemenv.a obj/alert.o obj/version.o obj/checkpoints.o obj/netbase.o obj/addrman.o obj/crypter.o obj/key.o obj/db.o obj/init.o obj/irc.o obj/keystore.o obj/main.o obj/miner.o obj/net.o obj/protocol.o obj/bitcoinrpc.o obj/rpcdump.o obj/rpcnet.o obj/rpcmining.o obj/rpcwallet.o obj/rpcblockchain.o obj/rpcrawtransaction.o obj/script.o obj/scrypt-arm.o obj/sync.o obj/util.o obj/timer.o obj/wallet.o obj/walletdb.o obj/noui.o obj/kernel.o obj/pbkdf2.o obj/scrypt_mine.o obj/scrypt-x86.o obj/scrypt-x86_64.o obj/txdb-leveldb.o -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now -Wl,-Bdynamic -l boost_system -l boost_filesystem -l boost_program_options -l boost_thread -l boost_regex -l db_cxx -l ssl -l crypto -l miniupnpc -Wl,-Bdynamic -l z -l dl -l pthread /home/linaro/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src/leveldb/libleveldb.a /home/linaro/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src/leveldb/libmemenv.a
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lboost_regex
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Might be something related to this solution https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/9584-building-from-source/page-2

Used this to fix regexp problem as described here http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12578499/how-to-install-boost-on-ubuntu : 

sudo apt-get install build-essential g++ python-dev autotools-dev libicu-dev build-essential libbz2-dev libboost-all-dev

Now a new issue: 

build/scrypt_mine.o: In function `scrypt(void const*, unsigned int, unsigned int*, void*)':
scrypt_mine.cpp:(.text+0x4e): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [HoboNickels-qt] Error 1
linaro@allwinner:~/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0$ scrypt_mine.cpp:(.text+0x4e): undefined reference to `scrypt_core'
-bash: syntax error near unexpected token `.text+0x4e'

Edited by HCLivess, 09 May 2015 - 05:52 PM.

HCLivess
  • HCLivess
  • PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • 23 topics

Aaaaand. WE ARE THERE! Hurray!

with 

make -f makefile.unix

the proccess ran to a successful completion

I tested the daemon now, it doesnt seem connected but hey, it started up!

{
    "version" : "v1.5.0.0-gd677d58e-V1.5",
    "protocolversion" : 70007,
    "blocks" : 0,
    "timeoffset" : 0,
    "moneysupply" : 0.00000000,
    "connections" : 0,
    "wallets" : 1,
    "walletversion" : 60002,
    "proxy" : "",
    "ip" : "0.0.0.0",
    "difficulty" : 0.00024414,
    "testnet" : false,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00100000,
    "mininput" : 0.00100000,
    "errors" : ""
}
linaro@allwinner:~/Downloads/HoboNickels-1.5.0.0/src$

Edited by HCLivess, 09 May 2015 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users