27 votes

New Coin Launch Announcement - GRC - GridCoin

Started By Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin) , Oct 06 2013 08:56 AM
New alternate cryptocurrency new coin launch announcement grid coin

Best Answer Rob Halförd - (Gridcoin) , 02 April 2017 - 08:13 AM

Gridcoin Research 3.5.8.8/MSI=42.2
Mandatory Upgrade

- Resolve syncing problem with beacon business logic.
- Mandatory upgrade block : 860500 Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
18696 replies to this topic

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics
    • Time Online: 29d 21h 46m 44s

in 3 of the 4 challenges: team Gridcoin is at #1 position

only in PrimeGrid's "Mathematics Awareness Month challenge" we're #21 from 107 BOINC teams

Please participate and help team Gridcoin in the polls and challenges over Easter!

ongoing challenges:
  • PrimeGrid (we're #22 from 92 teams, still goes for 8 days)
  • FORMULA BOINC: NumberFields@home sprint (we are #3 from 18 teams, goes about 2.5 days still)

upcoming challenges:
  • April 14 GPUGrid (4 days, 18 teams)
  • April 15 WCG (3 days, 13 teams)

upcoming polls: 

April 18: whitelist poll: Should we remove ENIGMA@home from the whitelist due to no available work units?
April 19: Pentathlon polls:
How should we do the BOINC project selection for the 8th Pentathlon 2017?
Which GPU project do you want to crunch in the 8th BOINC Pentathlon?
Which CPU project do you want to crunch in the 8th BOINC Pentathlon?
Which World Community Grid subproject do you want to crunch in the 8th BOINC Pentathlon?

@GridcoinIRC (freshest news about Gridcoin) / help with Gridcoin tasks / join team challenges / listen to our conference calls / BOINC admin interviews / ...

Bring your Gridcoin experience on another level with these bot functions

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

C.M
  • C.M
  • Crypto-Laird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,996 posts
  • 105 topics
    • Time Online: 46d 1h 17m 32s

Hey Guys.Does someone know why Poloniex needs so much time to enable depsits?

For some reason poloniex has been the slowest to respond to support tickets, I've yet to receive a single reply to past tickets.

You're better off using decentralized exchanges over centralized exchanges - Bitshares and Bitsquare.

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics

EnigmaAtHome poll expires tomorrow:

• 71.75% of voter shares want Enigma removed from Gridcoin whitelist

https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@erkan/gridcoin-poll-should-we-remove-enigma-home-from-the-whitelist-due-to-no-available-work-units-vote-until-april-4

@GridcoinIRC (freshest news about Gridcoin) / help with Gridcoin tasks / join team challenges / listen to our conference calls / BOINC admin interviews / ...

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics

8th Pentathlon 2017 polls:

If the current outcome doesn't switch in next 2 days, the decision will be: 
  1. take the 3 BOINC projects w. most active Gridcoin users
  2. select WCGrid's "Mapping Cancer Markers"

please vote...

only in PrimeGrid's "Mathematics Awareness Month challenge" we're #21 from 107 BOINC teams

Please participate and help team Gridcoin in the polls and challenges over Easter!

ongoing challenges:
  • FORMULA BOINC: NumberFields@home sprint (we are #3 from 18 teams, goes about 2.5 days still)

upcoming challenges:

upcoming polls: 

April 18: whitelist poll: Should we remove ENIGMA@home from the whitelist due to no available work units?
Which World Community Grid subproject do you want to crunch in the 8th BOINC Pentathlon?

Edited by erkan, 17 April 2017 - 03:40 AM.

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics

the ENIGMA whitelist poll has ended:

71.87% of the voter shares decided: 

ENIGMA@Home should be removed from the whitelist
due to no WUs for over 3 weeks

rando22299
  • rando22299
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 2m 39s

I've updated the instructions to delete a beacon:

http://www.gridresearchcorp.com/gridcoin/DeleteBeaconInstructions.pdf

Please note this is a new address.  

If the gridresearchcorp block explorer is in sync with the gridcoin network a delete beacon request should be automatically responded to in approximately 15 minutes or less.  If you did everything correctly you will receive a transaction for 0.00022 and you can advertise a new beacon.

If you send your request from the wrong address you will get a transaction in the amount of 0.00011, go back to the instructions and try again.  If you send it to the wrong address you won't get a reply, check the address you send your request to and make sure it is correct before sending me a PM that you are having trouble deleting a beacon.  

Thanks,

RTMoney

Hey RT - Are you able to assist me on a CPID Invalid issue? I have tried the beacon deletion you mentioned here and have also looked for help in the IRC chan - so far, can't get this working now. I've tried restoring keys and all, but it seems the key associated with my current beacon does not match anything I have on my GRC client or backups. Looks like I need mine clear so I can send a new one. Let me know what info you need and I will PM you.

Thanks!

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics

For the Pentathlon challenge (May 5-19)
very likely:

YAFU, NFS@Home, SRBase and WCG's Mapping Cancer Markers

will be sent

8th Pentathlon 2017 polls:

If the current outcome doesn't switch in next 2 days, the decision will be: 
  1. take the 3 BOINC projects w. most active Gridcoin users
  2. select WCGrid's "Mapping Cancer Markers"

please vote...

ongoing challenges:

upcoming challenges:

upcoming polls: 

jescro
  • jescro
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 50m 43s

So, a "stranger" comes by and you give him something immediately ?

I mean it's your account anyways, so you can do what you want, but I found that surprising

Perhaps it's because I don't know what an account owner can do.

I was just assuming that the assigned Foundation funds from a poll will be transferred to that account.

So, I'd definitely want to track some details now, and later on...

I would like to notify the community that we have a professional designer/marketer on our team now and that I am in the process of transferring the control of our AdWords account to him. His name is Jesse Taylor (aka Jescro) and I believe he will introduce himself here soon. You can check his introduction on Reddit.

It's been a year since we started using Google AdWords and I did my best to set it up properly, but I am aware it's not been as successful as we had hoped. I am thankful for your support and I hope you will support his work too. Of course, I am going to stay with Gridcoin, focusing on other marketing tasks, helping Jesse if necessary and continuing my Gridcoin GPU mining series on Steemit.

Hi guys, sorry for the delayed response, I know it adds a lot to my credibility from coming out of the shadows and offering help. I own a fair amount of GRC and am really interested in helping on the marketing front. Happy to CV my bonafides to anyone who wants to vet me out :)

Edited by jescro, 20 April 2017 - 04:08 AM.

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics

in 4 days expires this poll:
  • Foundation poll: Approve/Deny BOINCstats campaign - 3 weeks - 390 EUR ?

see all polls here:

Micha B.
  • Micha B.
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • 0 topics
    • Time Online: 2d 23h 5s

Hey @ All,

just an idea.

Can we offer focus power of Gridcoin to BOINC projects? Same thing like that pentathlon, but for all those Boincprojects who need fast results.  Alongside whitelist, just an offer to all Projects. When it is finished crunched GRC will rain to each participant. (Teammembership could make it easy) Projects have to buy the payment on markets ...

Micha

Edited by Micha B., 20 April 2017 - 12:46 PM.

nateonthenet
  • nateonthenet
  • PipPip
  • 158 posts
  • 3 topics
    • Time Online: 21d 6h 4m 24s

Hey @ All,

just an idea.

Can we offer focus power of Gridcoin to BOINC projects? Same thing like that pentathlon, but for all those Boincprojects who need fast results.  Alongside whitelist, just an offer to all Projects. When it is finished crunched GRC will rain to each participant. (Teammembership could make it easy) Projects have to buy the payment on markets ...

Micha

I was actually thinking something like this recently. GRC needs an escrow service where projects can deposit funds and participants can be sure that the funds will get rained if conditions are met -- sort of like a reverse kickstarter. If you did it right, it could be a market where GRC BOINCers could go find projects offering whatever rates they're looking for, on top of the normal in-chain awards...

If I had more time, I'd try to build this myself, but not likely to have that much time until late this year at the earliest.

erkan
  • erkan
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • 16 topics

The 5th interview with BOINC admins can be downloaded now:

See all interviews here

Thanks to PeppernRino for editing all these...

Scalextrix
  • Scalextrix
  • Master Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • 18 topics
    • Time Online: 3d 23h 43m 28s

Hey @ All,

just an idea.

Micha

I was actually thinking something like this recently. GRC needs an escrow service where projects can deposit funds and participants can be sure that the funds will get rained if conditions are met -- sort of like a reverse kickstarter. If you did it right, it could be a market where GRC BOINCers could go find projects offering whatever rates they're looking for, on top of the normal in-chain awards...

If I had more time, I'd try to build this myself, but not likely to have that much time until late this year at the earliest.

I made a Python script that can rain https://github.com/Scalextrix/GRCNN

Making it trigger on some condition like wallet balance would be fairly easy, just add the RPC 'gridcoinresearchd getbabalance' and an if statement >= x, then trigger rain. As its crypto we can all see the project wallet balance if we know the addresses.

Edited by Scalextrix, 22 April 2017 - 04:53 AM.

Daniel Blanco
  • Daniel Blanco
  • PipPip
  • 175 posts
  • 7 topics
    • Time Online: 6d 23h 14m 53s

Hy all,

Is everything ok?!

I did not get a reward for two days and i see that everybody in NN have Zero magnitude

db

47an
  • 47an
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 11d 13h 33m 31s

Hy all,

Is everything ok?!

I did not get a reward for two days and i see that everybody in NN have Zero magnitude

db

No issues here.

PoR difficulty is fine and also Net weight.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: New alternate cryptocurrency, new coin, launch announcement, grid coin

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users