2 votes

[Community Input Needed] Gridcoin website redesign!

Started By C.M , May 16 2014 02:54 PM

• Please log in to reply
443 replies to this topic

startail
  • startail
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • 13 topics
    • Time Online: 3d 21h 43m 35s
  • LocationGridcoinstats.eu

In the meantime you can always use gridcoinstats.eu that are up to date with projects, voting, magnitude and estimated earnings.

Cryptocointalk.com doesn't endorse any ads. Warning: ads my be illegal or untrustworthy in your jurisdiction. Advertising Here.

C.M
  • C.M
  • Crypto-Laird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • 100 topics
    • Time Online: 45d 15h 40m 56s

Website has been updated recently, huzzah!

The whitelist pages now point towards gridcoinstats and gridresearchcorp (and client) for the latest whitelist statuses.

Many changes from github were also integrated!

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)

big_swifty
  • big_swifty
  • Master member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • 12 topics
    • Time Online: 7d 4h 1m 37s
  • LocationEngland

Website has been updated recently, huzzah!

The whitelist pages now point towards gridcoinstats and gridresearchcorp (and client) for the latest whitelist statuses.

Many changes from github were also integrated!

Thank you Sir! I have made a manual, olde worldy, list of where to go to find out what I need being English :P. The website could do with a search field maybe? If I started to type in 'latest gridcoin version' it could link me up with the relevant info' on the website or, link me to an external site EG: GitHub. Also, in this day and age, shouldn't one be able to enter the new information in one place only (in the interweb), in one single action, and have it propagated out to other portals/sites.

This looks tried and tested by many https://en-gb.wordpress.org/plugins/relevanssi/

Vig
  • Vig
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 9h 57m 5s

So firstly I'll admit that I didn't read the enitre 30 pages of this thread so apologies if this has already been covered. It has come to my attention that the Moo! Wrapper project is actually a GPU project, but I had the mistaken belief that it was CPU only because that is how it is listed in the guide on the gridcoin.us site, however, the gridcoin.us whitelist page lists it correctly as a GPU project.

If the guide isn't going to be updated with the latest projects, why not just link directly to the whitelist or a page that is updated regularly? I could have been using my GPUs for Moo! Wrapper this entire time, but didn't realize it would allow that. Also having contradictory information of this sort is confusing, especially for people that don't know every project in and out and are looking at gridcoin.us to select their tasks as they get setup with Gridcoin.

Edited by Vig, 04 March 2017 - 01:48 PM.

C.M
  • C.M
  • Crypto-Laird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,961 posts
  • 100 topics
    • Time Online: 45d 15h 40m 56s

So firstly I'll admit that I didn't read the enitre 30 pages of this thread so apologies if this has already been covered. It has come to my attention that the Moo! Wrapper project is actually a GPU project, but I had the mistaken belief that it was CPU only because that is how it is listed in the guide on the gridcoin.us site, however, the gridcoin.us whitelist page lists it correctly as a GPU project.

If the guide isn't going to be updated with the latest projects, why not just link directly to the whitelist or a page that is updated regularly? I could have been using my GPUs for Moo! Wrapper this entire time, but didn't realize it would allow that. Also having contradictory information of this sort is confusing, especially for people that don't know every project in and out and are looking at gridcoin.us to select their tasks as they get setup with Gridcoin.

Thanks for reporting this issue, don't worry about the last 30 pages.

I'll fix that now, sorry for the inconvenience.

^ Smash that upvote button! ;D

Follow me on:

Github

Twitter

Steemit

SoundCloud (Hangouts)

big_swifty
  • big_swifty
  • Master member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationEngland

Thanks for reporting this issue, don't worry about the last 30 pages.

I'll fix that now, sorry for the inconvenience.

I was going to say the first page of this topic was 2014! It's bound to be up and down with some inaccuracies. The comment 'page that is updated regularly' made me think how can we update at many points without human gatekeepers/monitors; well we can't. We need something where no one person is doing it (SPOF or single point of failure) and we need  a SPOC too! (Single Point of Contact). Keep it simple and streamlined as possible to do data entry so when times are hard and bad moods prevail, then it's not such a chore.

Vig
  • Vig
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • 1 topics
    • Time Online: 9h 57m 5s

I guess my comment was more along the lines of wondering why there would be two lists for the projects.  If the whitelist is updated often, which is seems like it is, what's the point of having two sets of lists, one for the guide and one for the whitelist?  Why not just reprint the whitelist in the guide or link to it directly?  That at least eliminates the option for conflicting information to exist.

Vortac
  • Vortac
  • PipPip
  • 215 posts
  • 2 topics
    • Time Online: 21d 3h 38m 29s

We should rename "Multi-GPU projects" to "Nvidia/AMD projects". Because Multi-GPU sounds like two or more GPUs are needed and that's not a very common configuration, nor a requirement for any BOINC project.

Whole discussion here:

https://steemit.com/gridcoin/@vortac/gridcoin-gpu-mining-6-obtaining-the-maximum-performance-out-of-your-gpus

Edited by Vortac, 17 March 2017 - 08:21 AM.

big_swifty
  • big_swifty
  • Master member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • 12 topics
  • LocationEngland

I guess my comment was more along the lines of wondering why there would be two lists for the projects. If the whitelist is updated often, which is seems like it is, what's the point of having two sets of lists, one for the guide and one for the whitelist? Why not just reprint the whitelist in the guide or link to it directly? That at least eliminates the option for conflicting information to exist.

Totally agree. De-duplicate. Also out of date info.

Edited by big_swifty, 18 March 2017 - 02:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users